maven-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Hellewell <>
Subject Re: Company-wide settings
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 18:34:14 GMT
On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Anders Hammar <> wrote:
> Philip, with all due respect, but reading your posts I get the impression
> you're doing your best not to follow Maven best practice. Maven is all about
> convention and best practice patterns. Please acknowledge that our advice is
> based on actual experience and going your own path will surely get you into
> trouble! It's not really a matter of what you think, but rather what Maven
> thinks. :-)

Ok, slow down everyone.  No worries.  I just did a test and have found
that this approach fails miserably.  It apparently wants the parent
pom to be available whenever I depend on this project, so obviously
this doesn't work.

So no worries, I'm fully convinced that I want to use settings.xml to
specify repositories.  But I'm still trying to find the best way to
specify a distributionManagement in each of my poms without
duplicating the <url>.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message