maven-users mailing list archives

From Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven 2 & 3 + Hudson + Nexus
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 22:34:15 GMT
On 5 October 2010 09:48, Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbenga@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 October 2010 04:09, Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentmann@udo.edu> wrote:
>> Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
>>>       <repositories>
>>>         <repository>
>>>           <id>central</id>
>>>           <url>http://central</url>
>>>           <releases>
>>>             <enabled>true</enabled>
>>>           </releases>
>>>           <snapshots>
>>>             <enabled>true</enabled>
>>>           </snapshots>
>>>         </repository>
>>>       </repositories>
>>
>> From this, it appears to be a bug in Maven 2 since your mirror should be
>> contacted for snapshots.
>>
>>> What would get Maven to "disable repository central"?
>>
>> Might be something goes wrong with the override of central which prevents
>> the snapshots=true policy from being applied.
>
> Okay, some more information. I tried it after having removed the
> entire com/xyz directory: Maven (2.2.1) downloads two POMs, one
> release and one snapshot before failing to download the
> test-dependencies-pom again.
>
> Note how it first downloads the 0.0.7-SNAPSHOT POM for xyz-project
> just before logging "Skipping disabled repository central".
>
> [DEBUG] Connecting to repository: 'all-mirror' with url:
> 'http://www.xyz.com/nexus/content/groups/public'.
> Downloading: http://www.xyz.com/nexus/content/groups/public/com/xyz/lp/xyz-project/0.0.7-SNAPSHOT/xyz-project-0.0.7-20101002.070000-2.pom
> [DEBUG] attempting to create parent directories for destination:
> xyz-project-0.0.7-20101002.070000-2.pom.tmp
> 4K downloaded  (xyz-project-0.0.7-20101002.070000-2.pom)
> [DEBUG] Using Wagon implementation lightweight from default mapping
> for protocol http
> [DEBUG]   Artifact resolved
> [DEBUG] Skipping disabled repository central
> [DEBUG] test-dependencies-pom: using locally installed snapshot
> [DEBUG] Skipping disabled repository central
> [DEBUG] Using mirror: http://www.xyz.com/nexus/content/groups/public
> (id: all-mirror)
>
> Maven thinks it has already downloaded test-dependencies-pom? Would
> "Artifact resolved" refer to test-dependencies-pom or simply to
> xyz-project? Is this related to Wagon? Or is there "incorrect"
> metadata in my remote repository (where "incorrect" means, correct for
> Maven 3 but unpalatable to Maven 2)?

I thought I'd give it another try but this time without an existing
local repository. The result is exactly the same as before (see
above). Lots of POMs are downloaded (from my mirror), then
xyz-project's POM is downloaded successfully and Maven fails to find
the test-dependencies-pom POM.

I've created and attached a Bash script that sets up a local
environment (in the directory where you install show-problem.sh) and
then runs three Maven commands. The third one displays the problem I'm
seeing. I think it may have to do with distributionManagement and
scope import.

I hope this will help to resolve this issue. At least now you should
be able to see exactly what I'm seeing.

Cheers,
Hilco