maven-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Hellewell <ssh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Which repository is used
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 13:22:08 GMT
On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Thiessen, Todd (Todd)
<tthiessen@avaya.com> wrote:
> Nexus is free Phil. We use the free version for some pretty complicated builds and works
very well. You would of have it setup by now. Very easy.

I think I just found a problem.  Based on my reading, Nexus supports
LDAP (http://code.google.com/p/nexus-ldap/) but not
SPNEGO/GSSAPI/Kerberos.

This is a killer for us because we want authentication against the
domain, but we don't want everyone to have to enter their password all
the time.

Using file:// with a network share handles all that for us
automatically.  So why I should set up Nexus when it will make things
harder?

I may be able to rationalize with my boss that since we're only
storing "binaries" in the Maven repository, not source code, we don't
need the added security.  But I don't know yet...

Phillip