maven-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Hellewell <ssh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Company-wide settings
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 23:23:24 GMT
On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Justin Edelson <justinedelson@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/4/10 2:34 PM, Phillip Hellewell wrote:
>>
>> Ok, slow down everyone.  No worries.  I just did a test and have found
>> that this approach fails miserably.  It apparently wants the parent
>> pom to be available whenever I depend on this project, so obviously
>> this doesn't work.
> No, there's a lot of cause to worry. Because some poor shmuck is going
> to read this thread a year from now and think that there's actually a
> valid debate about where to put distributionManagement. There's not. It
> goes in the pom.

This was the email thread about where to put <repositories>, not
<distributionManagement>.  For <repositories> I have been told
settings.xml is the best place.

> Put the URL in a parent POM. Deploy the parent POM to a repository. End
> of story.

Yes, I'm going to try this for <distributionManagement> again tomorrow
and try to get it working.  I'm not sure why it was giving me trouble
today.

Phillip