maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maven-site-plugin no longer multi-module?
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 02:45:31 GMT
> My guess is that while dots are in general perhaps ill-advised,
> 'maven.' is what really causes the problem here. In my experience,
> dots in pom props are as common as dirt, and it's very much news to me
> that they are a bad idea. There are a lot of poms at Apache that will
> need to be edited if all dots are equally bad in prop names.

At some point, there was a Maven bug that basically evaluated
${*.version} as equivalent to ${version} and so people were getting
their current project version in all kinds of places they didn't
expect. Ever since then, I've avoided dots in my properties names and
told people to avoid them likewise.

Wayne