maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuous Build always building against the latest SNAPSHOT version
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 21:23:48 GMT
what i've done before is use the versions:use-latest-versions goal in
an initial maven invocation and then follow up with clean verify and
finally a versions:rollback so that the next svn update does not get
borked.

I'd typically have a couple of jobs on the CI server, one building
exactly what is in scm, one building with the latest releases and one
building with the very latest.

If using hudson, you will have to use a freestyle project (which is
IMHO the only way to build maven projects in hudson) and have three
maven build steps... versions-maven-plugin modifies the pom and so you
need to start a new maven process to see the effects

-Stephen