maven-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Hellewell <>
Subject Which goal fetches dependencies?
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 18:04:21 GMT
It appears that dependencies get downloaded from a remote repository
to local repository during the "compile" phase, but which goal of the
compile phase does that?

Is it just the compiler:compile goal?  If so, does that mean I can't
fetch dependencies to my local repository without also doing a
compile?  Why should it be that way?

A more general question, isn't there a way to list all the goals bound
to all the phases?  I can't believe Maven has no way to show these,
but after scouring the mail archives that is the impression I get.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message