maven-users mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Re: Can't specify distributionManagement in settings.xml
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 06:29:23 GMT
Have a look at this parent:
http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/sonatype/forge/forge-parent/6/forge-parent-6.pom

There you see that properties are used for both the repo name and url. This
makes it possible to override these values from command line. This is
normally not anything you do, but it's very handy when you want to e.g.:
* deploy somewhere else (like to a test repo when you're doing some
experiments and want to use some test repo)
* want to use some other repo id for your cred matching in settings.xml
(maybe you have the same credentials everywhere, but instead of having 10-20
server elements you just want to use one single)

Regarding staging: If you're serious about your Maven implementation I would
recommend having a look at the staging support of Nexus Pro. Sure, it's not
free but it is superior to the stage plugin and gives you the possibility to
also add automated checks. As Apache and Codehaus now uses Nexus Pro, I
would guess that nobody is working on the stage plugin any more. Which kind
of makes you on your own should you run into any issues. Well, just my
thoughts.

/Anders