maven-users mailing list archives

From Jo Support <jo.supp...@gmail.com>
Subject versions plugin - "set" goal question
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 14:24:11 GMT
I'm a bit puzzled by versions plugin. According to versions:set goal's
documentation, reading the description it "sets the current project
version, updating the details of any child modules as necessary", and
it does.

But in optional parameters, we can see the "artifactId" parameter,
that specify "the artifact id of the dependency/module to update".

What I understand is that it looks inside dependencies of the project
for that artifact id, setting the version for that dependency.
By example, having this pom

<dependencyManagement>
	<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.myFramework</groupId>
			<artifactId>myLibrary</artifactId>
			<version>1.0</version>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>
</dependencyManagement>

and executing

mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=2.0 -DgroupId=org.myFramework
-DartifactId=myLibrary

I expect to see a new pom content, like the following one

<dependencyManagement>
	<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.myFramework</groupId>
			<artifactId>myLibrary</artifactId>
			<version>2.0</version>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>
</dependencyManagement>

but it does not.
It just says nothing, just terminates with a "BUILD SUCCCESFULL"
message and nothing more.

Any clue?
Am I doing something wrong?
There is another way to do what I'm trying to do?

Thanks a lot
Jo