maven-users mailing list archives

From Hilco Wijbenga <hilco.wijbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven 2 & 3 + Hudson + Nexus
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 00:01:50 GMT
Thanks for your help!

On 4 October 2010 16:44, Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentmann@udo.edu> wrote:
> Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
>> I've emptied the local repository directory with the problematic POM
>> file so that Maven has to redownload it. So nothing useful there. (It
>> stays empty because Maven 2 doesn't download anything.)
>
> Seeing "Skipping disabled repository central" in the log, the next question
> is what remote repositories do you have configured in the POM and your
> settings.xml and what are the release/snapshot policies set on them? For
> example, if the only repository configured is "central" and you haven't
> overriden its definition to enable snapshot downloads, the failure shown by
> Maven 2.x would be the expected result.

Agreed. But why would only Maven 2 complain and not Maven 3 then? I
got the impression that Maven 3 is much stricter.

Anyway, I thought I had already included my settings.xml but I guess
that was an earlier draft. There are no remote repositories in any of
my POMs. My settings.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<settings
  xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0"
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd"

  <mirrors>
    <mirror>
      <id>all-mirror</id>
      <name>Mirror of Everything</name>
      <url>http://www.xyz.com/nexus/content/groups/public</url>
      <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
    </mirror>
  </mirrors>
  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>snapshots</id>
      <activation>
        <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
      </activation>
      <repositories>
        <repository>
          <id>central</id>
          <url>http://central</url>
          <releases>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
          </releases>
          <snapshots>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
          </snapshots>
        </repository>
      </repositories>
      <pluginRepositories>
        <pluginRepository>
          <id>central</id>
          <url>http://central</url>
          <releases>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
          </releases>
          <snapshots>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
          </snapshots>
        </pluginRepository>
      </pluginRepositories>
    </profile>
  </profiles>
</settings>

I also tried this with
<activeProfiles><activeProfile>snapshots</activeProfile></activeProfiles>
but that didn't make any difference.

What would get Maven to "disable repository central"? I don't see any
reference to central prior to the message you mentioned.