maven-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Hellewell <ssh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't specify distributionManagement in settings.xml
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 15:24:32 GMT
On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 12:29 AM, Anders Hammar <anders@hammar.net> wrote:
> Have a look at this parent:
> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/sonatype/forge/forge-parent/6/forge-parent-6.pom
>
> There you see that properties are used for both the repo name and url. This
> makes it possible to override these values from command line. This is

Yeah, I think I would like to have the ability to override it easily,
but based on many comments it sounds like this kinda violates the
principle that we should be able to tell by looking at the pom (or
parent pom) what repository it was deployed to.

Perhaps I will go with a compromise.  I can use variables in there to
make it easily override-able, but I can also define default values in
there.

> Regarding staging: If you're serious about your Maven implementation I would
> recommend having a look at the staging support of Nexus Pro. Sure, it's not

Thanks.  I may take a look at that later.  At the moment I am not sure
I'll need it because I may be able to as Ron suggested just use the
snapshot repository for my staging repository.

Phillip