maven-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <>
Subject Re: Dependencies, modules, and dependency plugin
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 15:17:36 GMT
2010/10/1 Phillip Hellewell <>:
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Antonio Petrelli
> <> wrote:
> I want Maven to help check out B for me (and other dependencies).  I
> can check out A manually, but I want Maven's dependency mechanism to
> find B in the (local or remote) repository, and instead of copying its
> package(s) (dlls, libs, etc) for me to use in A, I want the option to
> have it just look at the pom.xml for B and use that to figure out
> exactly what version of  B to checkout from SVN and automatically
> check it out.
> And if B is not in the local repository already, I want it to
> automatically launch a maven install on B, so it will be ready for A.

I think all of this mess is solvable by using a private Maven
repository, like Nexus.
If I understand you correctly, you want to do this since you cannot
access to a pre-built version of B. Deploy a repository, you'll
(development) life will be better :-D

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message