maven-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Hellewell <ssh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Company-wide settings
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 17:33:16 GMT
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Phillip Hellewell <sshock@gmail.com> wrote:

> I could set up the poms so they always build for all
> platforms/configs, but that won't change anything because developers
> will simply stop using Maven to do the build step.  They just open the
> .sln and use Visual Studio so they only have to build for one
> platform/config.

Ok, I still haven't found that other thread, but I'm thinking I may
want to play it safe and have maven always build all 4 configurations
(debug/release, win32/x64).  In the day-to-day operations a within
VStudio can of course do just one build at a time as they are
debugging and testing, but in order to do an install or deploy, they
have to go through Maven which will build everything.

I probably should play it safe because I really don't want any
artifacts to be incomplete in the repository, even if it is only the
snapshot repository where this could happen.

Phillip