maven-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Hellewell <ssh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't specify distributionManagement in settings.xml
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 19:37:13 GMT
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Ron Wheeler
<rwheeler@artifact-software.com> wrote:
>  On 06/10/2010 2:42 PM, Siegmann Daniel, NY wrote:
>>
>> Using Maven in a corporate setting without having a repository manager
>> is like working in a team without a version control system. You could do
>> it but you're going to suffer.
>
> +1
> It makes Maven so much easier to understand and gives you lots of nice
> features for managing and controlling your use of dependent libraries
> besides a good visual interface into your own artifacts:

Yeah, I've been playing with it some more and it is really nice.  I
like the searching functionality.  Also, I found the security settings
and LDAP is there, so I'm going to read some more documentation to
figure out how to set up roles so that, e.g., anyone can download but
only certain users can upload/deploy.

I'm going to forget the idea of bypassing Nexus by using a network
share to upload to a repository directly.  I think it's better to
retain more control and have everyone always go through the Nexus MRM.

Lastly, I'm going to put off worrying about GSSAPI/Kerberos support.
I'll just hard-code my password in my settings file, or pass it on the
command-line if that's supported.

Phillip