maven-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <>
Subject Re: Can't specify distributionManagement in settings.xml
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 16:10:38 GMT
On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Phillip Hellewell <> wrote:

> I can specify <repositories> in a profile in my settings.xml for
> downloading artifacts, but I don't seem to be able to specify
> <distributionManagement> in there.  No matter what I try it gives an
> error "Unrecognised tag: 'distributionManagement'".

Google 'Maven settings model' to find and
look at what is allowed in settings.xml.  As you've already
discovered, distributionManagement doesn't go there.

> I don't want to have to specify the url of my company repository in
> every single POM.  What could I be doing wrong?

Put it in a top-level organization level pom, from which all of your
projects inherit.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message