maven-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Hellewell <ssh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Company-wide settings
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 19:58:02 GMT
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Anders Hammar <anders@hammar.net> wrote:
> http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/how-to-centralize-configuration-accross-multiple-modules-td3199398.html#a3199398
>
> Searched Nabble for "separate configuration".

Thanks Anders.  I read that thread.

I think I should be ok with my idea of allowing developers to create
"incomplete" artifacts that can be installed locally, but never
deployed to a remote repo.  I found the enforcer plugin which I think
I can use to make the deploy phase fail immediately if ${build.config}
!= "all" or ${build.platform} != "all".

The other route would be to split every pom into four poms, and then
have the release-win32 pom files depend on other release-win32 pom
files, etc. etc.  But this would take a lot of extra work to maintain,
and has even more questions like whether the headers should be
packaged with all the poms or could they be separate.

Phillip