maven-users mailing list archives

From "Caoilte O'Connor" <caoi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: <resources> are not aggregated from parent to child pom
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 10:49:50 GMT
It bites in quite a lot of places. I wanted to define one "execution"
of the build-helper-maven-plugin in a parent pom and another in one of
it's children then have the two merged together. However, Maven
overrode the parent configuration in the child.

Given that some sections of the pom (eg dependencies, properties)
merge so seamlessly it is disappointing to discover sections which
don't. Perhaps future versions of Maven will improve things.