maven-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Hellewell <ssh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Company-wide settings
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 15:37:12 GMT
On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 8:22 AM, Anders Hammar <anders@hammar.net> wrote:
> No, never to a build for a specific environment! It's "One build fits all"!
> There was a recent thread about that; you might want to have a look to get
> the details.

Point me to that thread if you could, but I don't see how it will be a
problem.  All the release builds (non-snapshot) will only be done by
official build machines, which will always use the default setting of
always building binaries for all platform/config environments.

Only developers in their day-to-day builds will want to do builds for
a specific environment, to save time.

I could set up the poms so they always build for all
platforms/configs, but that won't change anything because developers
will simply stop using Maven to do the build step.  They just open the
.sln and use Visual Studio so they only have to build for one
platform/config.

Phillip