maven-users mailing list archives

From Arnaud Héritier <aherit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't specify distributionManagement in settings.xml
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 19:47:32 GMT
yes, which is a best practice :-)
It can work like that too :
- In your pom you put the distributionMgt with the property
- in your settings you create a profile with this property but instead of using an activation
activateByDefault  you define it in activatedProfiles list.
It will work but I think Maven 3 will write a warning because your build is dependent of your
environment (which is wrong).

In Maven 3 we didn't touch to settings nor pom but we have always in mind to propose more
interesting features in a near future. Like mixins which will allow to integrate several parts
of pom or settings

Arnaud