maven-users mailing list archives

From mremerson...@aim.com
Subject Re: Can't specify distributionManagement in settings.xml
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 08:34:34 GMT
> Well, at this point all I'm mainly after is the ability to copy anartifact from snapshot
> to release repo (removing -SNAPSHOT from theversion) without having to go through
> the rebuild process.
> If thatfunctionality does not exist as a free plugin or anything at themoment,
> who knows, maybe I will get time to create it :)

ok - although (due to my previous mail), artifactory allows to copy artifacts from one repo
to another, this is not possible. You only can copy snapshots between snapshot repos and releases
between release repos.

if you want to release your snapshot you have to go through the release plugin or ensure every
single step by your own. As the others already stated, releases are far more than just cutting
of the term "-SNAPSHOT"

Cheers