maven-users mailing list archives

From Arnaud Héritier <aherit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't specify distributionManagement in settings.xml
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 19:52:11 GMT
It is interesting to have it variable in several cases :
- You want to validate your builds on several environments. I'm just moving my infrastructure
and I'm very happy to have that because I'm able to run a secondary build environment (svn/hudson/nexus)
without touching our production used by developers
- You want to deploy the project in another repository because you are forking it (for an
OSS project) and you can redefine this property instead of using the -DaltDeploymentRepository
of the deploy plugin which has severals bugs.

On Oct 4, 2010, at 9:43 PM, Thiessen, Todd (Todd) wrote:

> Hehe. It always gets back to that.
>
> Not sure why your hung up over it ;-).
>
> What Arnaud is saying does make more sense to me. There is at least a fixed place in
some POM in source control which defines the default location of where to deploy to. At least
this is tracable.

> I am not really all that found of making it a variable though. That just sounds like
extra work for very little gain.