maven-users mailing list archives

From Arnaud Héritier <aherit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Maven 1 repositories with Maven 3
Date Sun, 24 Oct 2010 21:29:26 GMT
As some others said, the real solution for you is to use a repository manager.
It will bring many advantages to manage binaries coming from outside and it will give you
a transparent access to maven 1 and 2 repositories

On Oct 24, 2010, at 11:25 PM, Zak Mc Kracken wrote:

> Hi Anders,
>
> thank you for your reply. Do you mean I can do the conversion as a repository user? I
need to access 3rd party repositories, I cannot change them. By the way, this also means that
"The 5 years is up" is not a message for me :-) Maybe I could stop using java.net, but I have
other dependencies in the same situation that are not so easy to be moved out or upgraded
(I should trace all of them, check if there is a more recent version in M2 repos, transitively
check all the dependency tree, it was becoming a nightmare when I decided that for the moment
I won't migrate to M3, unless I can arrange M1 support in that version too).