maven-users mailing list archives

From "Thiessen, Todd (Todd)" <tthies...@avaya.com>
Subject RE: Can't specify distributionManagement in settings.xml
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 17:08:36 GMT
> So this is one aspect where our setup will differ slightly.  We don't
> need the release plugin to create tags for us because our build
> scripts on our build machines are already set up to create tags with
> every single build (even snapshots builds).

I think we may be getting to crux of your.

SNAPSHOTS are never tagged. I think most would consider this a bad maven practice.  This isn't
what a SNAPSHOT is for. A SNAPSHOT is meant to reflect the source in your trunk, not a tag.

If you wish to create a tag of something, create that build as a release. You get around that,
and I think all will be well for you.