maven-users mailing list archives

From "Thiessen, Todd (Todd)" <tthies...@avaya.com>
Subject RE: Can't specify distributionManagement in settings.xml
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 16:43:43 GMT

> But the main thing I'm thinking about is the fact that the package
> hasn't changed.  So why should I have to rebuild the code?

But it has changed. Very much so. A SNAPSHOT is not a release.

> That not
> only wastes time but more importantly it adds risks that the build may
> not be identical to the snapshot build that has been tested due to
> obscure environment setting that changed on the build machine (e.g.,
> suppose you installed a newer Windows SDK and that somehow affected
> the build).

You give QA a release not a SNAPSHOT. That way there is no copying AT ALL. No risk. This is
the advice that many have been giving you. Not sure why you keep going on about copying a
snapshot. No one has EVER suggested that you copy anything.

Do your release testing on a release build and all will be well.