maven-users mailing list archives

From "Thiessen, Todd (Todd)" <tthies...@avaya.com>
Subject RE: Can't specify distributionManagement in settings.xml
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 13:06:28 GMT
> Yeah, I'll just keep it pretty simple like this, however it will be
> even simpler because our build process will append the SVN tag name,
> so we won't ever need to manually add like "01", "02", "03", etc.

What are you using as the SVN tag name? The release plugin will create the tag for you from
the GAV (GroupId, ArtifactId, Version). I suggest you look into that plugin to ensure your
releases are created correctly. You will need to change your version somehow in order to create
a new release.

Just be careful what you put in the version of your release as Maven does care about what
you put there. For example if your first release was 1.0-BBB and your second release was 1.0-AAA,
Maven would view the BBB release as the latest. This is why we specifically choose numbers
as it is easy to see what the latest release build is. May also be a good idea for you to
review Maven's version numbering rules ;-). The "-" in the version is significant.