maven-users mailing list archives

From "Thiessen, Todd (Todd)" <tthies...@avaya.com>
Subject RE: Can't specify distributionManagement in settings.xml
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 20:07:49 GMT
That makes sense to me (to a certain extent). It is nice to have it as an "override" feature.

But in my view I think it important to have that default deploy location defined in a pom
somewhere. We went through a very similar "transition" scenario that you explain here and
I found it very useful to keep this information in the parent pom and simply use a SNAPSHOT
version for a while until the bugs were ironed out. It was good to know that version X of
our project was deploying to repository A and version X+1 was deploying repository B. You
make this a variable and you don't know what version of your software deployed to where. This
I think can making debugging more difficult and confusing.