maven-users mailing list archives

From "Thiessen, Todd (Todd)" <tthies...@avaya.com>
Subject RE: Company-wide settings
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 14:43:13 GMT
> One issue with this approach is that m2eclipse will not use this
> settings.xml file (by default, as it has it's own embedded Maven). I
> guess
> this could be solved by configuring the standalone Maven installation in
> m2eclipse.

That is exactly what we do.

> Anyone that has actually tried the approach of having a "corporate"
> settings.xml bundled with a custom Maven distro?

We do have a custom "corporate" maven distro that developers can checkout.  However, we have
a number of teams that are using different versions of maven so our "recommended" approach
for the organization is to simply checkout the settings.xml file to whatever maven installation
they want.

For example, I have been trying to stay on the "somewhat" cutting edge of maven releases and
have downloaded and tried the beta version of maven 3. Other teams are using fairly old versions.
Not all teams are the same so we found that a common Maven distro for all devs to be overkill.