maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: maven-eclipse-plugin Does not resolve workspace project name
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2010 15:12:10 GMT
I agree, there are many plugins that Maven developers just don't look after and they should
be ejected and taken out of the org.maven.plugins name space. Anything there people assume
are maintained which simply is not the case.

On Oct 28, 2010, at 10:58 AM, Antonio Petrelli wrote:

>> This is open source so no one is stopping you from creating a fork.
>
> Sorry to jump in but, in the Apache Committers' FAQ I read:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/committers.html#committer-responsibilities
>
> <snip>
> Applying patches
> In order to grow and maintain healthy communities, committers need to
> discuss, review and apply patches submitted by volunteers. The
> Committers are also responsible for the quality and IP clearance of
> the code that goes into ASF repositories.
> </snip>
>
> If you don't want to apply patches to m.e.p, please deprecate it, move
> it to archive, and abandon it *explicitly*. Or, if you don't want it,
> you have the responsibility *at least* to discuss them.
> Otherwise, contributors and committers are simply wasting time.
>
> Antonio

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

A party which is not afraid of letting culture,
business, and welfare go to ruin completely can
be omnipotent for a while.

  -- Jakob Burckhardt