maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: importing dependencies without inheritance
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 19:21:25 GMT
  On 06/10/2010 2:54 PM, thisguy wrote:
> ok this is from project B's pom.xml
>
> <dependency>
> 	  		<groupId>hello</groupId>
> 	  		<artifactId>myjar</artifactId>
> 	  		<version>1.0.0.0</version>
> 	  		<type>jar</type>
> 	  		<scope>compile</scope>
> 	  	</dependency>
>
> this jar does get put into web-inf/lib but the jars that myjar depends on do
> not.  Here is an example from project A's pom:
>
> <dependency>
>    		<groupId>postgresql</groupId>
>    		<artifactId>postgresql</artifactId>
>    		<version>8.2-507.jdbc3</version>
>    		<type>jar</type>
>    		<scope>compile</scope>
>    	</dependency>
>
> I would expect to see this jar in web-inf/lib since myjar depends on it.
>
> Thank you.
Looks OK to me.
The error must be in another part of your POM.
Can you post the whole POM and the log from the maven install?

The good thing is that you are doing what you are supposed to be doing
and maven will do what you want.
You have made an error somewhere and once you fix it, you will be on
your way again.

Ron