maven-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentm...@udo.edu>
Subject Re: Maven 2 & 3 + Hudson + Nexus
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 23:44:55 GMT
Hilco Wijbenga wrote:

> (The download link to RC3 is no longer
> valid so I have not been able to try it with RC3.)

The RCs did they job and have been superseded with

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-004/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0/

> I've emptied the local repository directory with the problematic POM
> file so that Maven has to redownload it. So nothing useful there. (It
> stays empty because Maven 2 doesn't download anything.)

Seeing "Skipping disabled repository central" in the log, the next
question is what remote repositories do you have configured in the POM
and your settings.xml and what are the release/snapshot policies set on
them? For example, if the only repository configured is "central" and
you haven't overriden its definition to enable snapshot downloads, the
failure shown by Maven 2.x would be the expected result.

Benjamin