maven-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentm...@udo.edu>
Subject Re: Maven 2 & 3 + Hudson + Nexus
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 21:57:48 GMT
Hilco Wijbenga wrote:

> Any ideas how I can fix this? Any ideas as to what the problem is exactly?

I personally find it helpful to start with a precise description of what
the issue actually is before trying to solve it. After all, there's a
reason why the build produces a log and even if you can't spot the
relevant pieces in there, others might be able to. So sharing the log of
the failing module would be a good start. And with log, I don't mean the
single line that says "[ERROR]", I mean the entire log that shows the
actions taken by Maven that eventually lead to the error and contribute
to the context required to understand the issue. If the log cannot be
attached to the mail, using pastebin.com or similar can help. Other
things that are nice to know is the directory listing of the directory
in the local repo that contains the POM in question. Last but not least,
the contents of all maven-metadata-*.xml in that directory can help to
troubleshoot that issue.

Benjamin