maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Can't specify distributionManagement in settings.xml
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 20:58:30 GMT
  On 04/10/2010 4:28 PM, Phillip Hellewell wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Haszlakiewicz, Eric
> <EHASZLA@transunion.com>  wrote:

??? Should not be any there.
> I do appreciate everyone's responses, and I do want to follow the
> "Maven way" as much as possible, but I also want to avoid making
> things more difficult for no reason.

You shouldn't have to pioneer any of this.
It does not appear that your environment or development goals are really
outside of normal practice so you should not have to derive new ways to
get your projects built.
> I am getting a better picture now of how many feel it is good to have
> the default deploy location in a pom somewhere, but I still haven't
> been convinced that it is absolutely necessity, and I'm not sure it is
> worth dealing with the hassle when moving the repository to a new
> server.
If you use a virtual hostname for addressing your Nexus, you can move
your repo without changing everyone's settings.xml.
Not something that happens every year anyway.

> I'll play with it some more to see if I can get it working.  But at
> the moment I'm still leaning towards just putting a property in
> settings.xml, since that seems easy and I don't see any problem.  And
> as long as I use the activatedProfiles instead of activateByDefault
> (as Arnaud suggested) I can avoid the issue of that profile not being
> active.

Never used profiles.