maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: <resources> are not aggregated from parent to child pom
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 12:03:28 GMT
  Maven is almost always right.
Figure out why your methodology is not following "Best Practices" and
change the way that you work so that maven does it for you automatically.

You can fight Maven as much as you want but it will always win.
If you can identify why you are building an application that is so
unusual that no one else has your workflow, then you may be able to get
a solution.
In most cases, the application is pretty normal, it is the newbee's
workflow that is broken.

If you are pioneering some new application platform, you may have a
problem but I think that I have seen ejbs with dependent libraries being
used in applications before.

Mavenize your workflow.

I hope that this helps.

Ron