maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Dependencies between modules of a multi module project
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2010 21:16:12 GMT

Do  you have your Nexus or other repository set up?
Maven will fall into place much better once you have this working.
You build your dependencies first, deploy them as SNAPSHOTS which puts
them into your team's repository and then Eclipse and Maven will build
your dependent modules painlessly.
When you are ready to release, repeat the process with release versions
and it all works seamlessly.

General advice to all new Maven users.
If you are having trouble with Maven, try to think what it is that you
are building that is so different from regular software.
If you are trying to build something that other people do and you are
having trouble, you are doing something wrong.
Don't try to fix or bend Maven, change your development process so that
it follows the Maven way.
Or don't use Maven unless you want to be completely frustrated and spend
many hours in the forum and modifying plug-ins.

Ron

On 03/10/2010 12:46 PM, Iron Eagle wrote:
> Thank you. Importing the parent pom into eclipse solved the problem. Now all dependencies
are resolved correctly within eclipse and all artifacts are build successfully.

> The only thing, that is still not working, is building module A (that depends on module
B) within the directory of module A (and without having installed module B before). But if
I understand it correctly, this is a design issue of maven.