maven-users mailing list archives

From "Iron Eagle" <Iron.ea...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Dependencies between modules of a multi module project
Date Sun, 03 Oct 2010 16:46:48 GMT
Thank you. Importing the parent pom into eclipse solved the problem. Now all dependencies are
resolved correctly within eclipse and all artifacts are build successfully.

The only thing, that is still not working, is building module A (that depends on module B)
within the directory of module A (and without having installed module B before). But if I
understand it correctly, this is a design issue of maven.

best reagrds

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 15:02:26 -0400
> Von: Marshall Schor <msa@schor.com>
> An: Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
> Betreff: Re: Dependencies between modules of a multi module project

>  m2eclipse supports both styles of dependency resolution -
> 1) resolving using normal maven dependency resolution (usually, the
> prebuilt jar
> in the .m2 local repository), or
> 2) from the current workspace (allowing you to "pick up" changes there,
> even if
> the other project(s) weren't built/installed.
>
> This is described in the m2eclipse book, here:
> http://www.sonatype.com/books/m2eclipse-book/reference/dependencies.html#dependencies-sect-resolving-dependencies
>
> -Marshall Schor
>
> On 10/2/2010 7:22 AM, Antonio Petrelli wrote:
> > 2010/10/2 Iron Eagle <Iron.eagle@gmx.at>:
> >> Some times, I use the command line (there its no problem). But most
> time, I use eclipse. I've searched for a tutorial for that problem, but the
> result doesn't really satisfy me.
> > If you use m2eclipse and you checkout the entire main pom project as
> > Maven project, the project created for module B will have a reference
> > to the project for module A.
> >
> > Antonio

GMX.at - Österreichs FreeMail-Dienst mit über 2 Mio Mitgliedern
E-Mail, SMS & mehr! Kostenlos: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/atfreemail