maven-users mailing list archives

From thisguy <bobsmith30...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: importing dependencies without inheritance
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2010 15:11:38 GMT

The problem is now fixed and it was "user-error".  Thanks to everyone for
their suggestions.  The discussion about poms in the repository led me to
the answer.  I noticed the pom for one of my dependent jars was basically
blank and had been generated by nexus.  It was a minimal POM that included
no dependency information.  I couldn't figure out why until I tried
uploading the jar again.  Previously I had selected GAV instead of POM and I
entered my information manually.  So Nexus created a pom file for me that
ONLY included this information(no dependency information).  If I uploaded
the project pom file instead, Nexus puts that file in the right place in the
repository.  Once I did that I could see my correct pom in the repository.
I deleted my local cache, rebuilt indexes and all that, and now project B is
pulling in all the dependencies' dependencies correctly.  Thanks again for
your help!