maven-users mailing list archives

From "Siegmann Daniel, NY" <Daniel.Siegm...@fja-us.com>
Subject RE: Company-wide settings
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 23:26:20 GMT
Hi Phillip,

This is easy enough to solve IME. Commit a Maven installation to your
preferred repository (CVS, SVN, etc.), then all your developers can
obtain that installation by checking it out of the repository. If
something is changed you can modify settings.xml and commit to the repo,
then everyone just has to update.

If you need multiple versions just keep multiple copies in the repo.

(This is how it works at my company. When Maven 3.0 is released I'll put
it in my local workspace, update the settings.xml to point to our Nexus
installation, and commit everything. Then I'll send out an email letting
everyone know it's there.)

Note that if you're using m2eclipse you'll want to point it to this
installation (rather than using the embedded installation).

~Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Phillip Hellewell [mailto:sshock@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2010 5:34 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Company-wide settings

I see that Maven can have a settings.xml at both the "Global Level"
and "User Level".  Is there a way to have a settings.xml that can be
referenced (or included) from a pom.xml, whose settings would apply
first but could be overridden by a global or user settings.xml.

The idea is to have a shared "company-level" settings.xml with settings
like profiles that most developers will want, and to have them
automatically available.  The alternative is for everyone to manually
append it to their global or user-level settings.xml.

Phillip