maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Re: write dependencies into file during assembly
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 07:31:24 GMT
Hi,

Iron Eagle wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for your awnser. I want to create a script, that calls another
> binary (jsvc, that is also included in the assembly). That binary starts
> the actual java program as a service. But the binary needs special
> parameter. The classpath among other things. So I need to include the
> filename of all depending jar files, to be able to build a string for the
> classpath.
>
> I'll check the plugins, you suggested

we use the dependency plugin to put all dependend jars into a subdirectoy
"lib" and use a start script (WIndows shell or bash) to collect the file
names and assemble the classpath in the start script. That way it is
completely transparent to replace any jar without the necessity to modifying
the scritp at all.

- Jörg