maven-users mailing list archives

From John Singleton <jhsin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plans to release Maven 3.0
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 17:51:34 GMT
Thanks, Yoav.  This was indeed the case, at least for this pom.  I'm not
happy about turning off consistency checks but it did get me beyond the colt
1.2.0 problem.  Unfortunately, two other errors were not solved by this fix:
bcel/bcel/5.1 and ant-contrib/ant-contrib/1.0b3.  Both of these poms are
structurally incorrect:

2010-09-09 11:32:07,935 [pool-1-thread-16] [WARN ]
(o.a.e.DownloadServiceImpl:205) - Sending HTTP error code 409: Failed to
read POM for 'bcel/bcel/5.1/bcel-5.1.pom': Unrecognised association:
'groupId' (position: START_TAG seen ...<dependencies>\n    <groupId>...
@7:14) ..

2010-09-09 11:33:46,867 [pool-1-thread-21] [WARN ]
(o.a.e.DownloadServiceImpl:205) - Sending HTTP error code 409: Failed to
read POM for 'ant-contrib/ant-contrib/1.0b3/ant-contrib-1.0b3.pom':
Unrecognised association: 'url' (position: START_TAG seen ...<licenses>\n
<url>... @10:10) ..

Even with consistency checks turned off, these produce 409 responses which
kills the build under maven3.  Of course, the same 409 responses were sent
to maven 2.2.1 which silently ignored them and completed the build.  So my
original question remains - is this maven behavior intended and, if so, can
we increase the urgency of fixing bad poms in maven central (repo1.maven.org)
so I don't have to host a lot of already-available artifacts just to fix
their metadata?

Thanks,
John Singleton