maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: write dependencies into file during assembly
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:09:45 GMT
  Can you not make your application program into a single jar
"jar-with-dependencies" and avoid all this?

That is much easier to make and distribute - maven assembly.

It looks a lot more polished than an application that sprays dozens on
files onto the disk.

Ron

On 20/09/2010 2:52 PM, Iron Eagle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your awnser. I want to create a script, that calls another binary (jsvc, that
is also included in the assembly). That binary starts the actual java program as a service.
But the binary needs special parameter. The classpath among other things. So I need to include
the filename of all depending jar files, to be able to build a string for the classpath.