maven-users mailing list archives

From Kathryn Huxtable <kath...@kathrynhuxtable.org>
Subject Re: force maven to redownload/refresh "released" dependencies
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 18:47:37 GMT
On Aug 6, 2010, at 1:00 PM, Haszlakiewicz, Eric wrote:

> [...]
sometimes change.  It is not absurd to be able to detect and recover from that kind of situation.

Eric, you're not going to win this one. It's part of the philosophy of Maven. It's also good
practice.

Give it up.

I'm not going to fight the site generation being split out of Maven. I think I understand
Jason's point on that, though I disagree. And that's a *much* less nasty violation of Maven's
perceived function, if in fact, it is a violation.

What you're wanting is a violation.

-K