maven-users mailing list archives

From Paul Benedict <pbened...@apache.org>
Subject Re: force maven to redownload/refresh "released" dependencies
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 19:58:47 GMT
On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Haszlakiewicz, Eric
<EHASZLA@transunion.com>wrote:

> You're missing the point of what I'm asking.  I'm not suggesting that
> maven make it possible or easy to *create* the violation.  I'm
> suggesting that it should be able to *detect* the violation.
>
> I'm baffled as to why the maven community is so against the idea of
> having additional (optional) checks to detect problems.

Eric,

The point is releases don't change. To "detect" means wasting bandwidth
comparing your supposedly unchanging released local artifacts to supposedly
unchanging released remote artifacts. If anything, writing a Maven plug-in
for this would be more appropriate, but I don't see your suggestion as part
of Maven core.

Paul