maven-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Subversion and Maven
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 18:47:59 GMT
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Timothy Mcginnis
<tmcginni@aessuccess.org> wrote:
> I am moving our dev team from CVS to Subversion and started testing Maven
> with Subversion.  I am getting the error "'svn' is not recognized as an
> internal or external command".  From what I can find on google I actually
> need to have svn installed separately from Maven.  Is this correct?

Yes, you need a command line Subversion client installed and available
on the PATH.

(Depending on what you're doing, there may be a way to use a
Java-based client, but IIRC the license doesn't permit that to be the
default.)

If you need more help, post the command you're trying to run and the
error message.  Adding -X on the command line will make it spit out
more info about exactly what it's trying to do.

--
Wendy