maven-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Correcting a groupID
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2010 15:30:08 GMT
On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 8:41 AM, Stephen Connolly
<stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why not have commons-net:commons-net become an empty jar which has a
> dependency on org.apache.commons:net
>
> that way, anyone with the old GA coords will just have an empty jar on their
> classpath and the correct jar as well

i don't see it.

Component A is sitting out there with a dependency on c-n:c-n:1

Component B has a dependency on A and also on c-n:c-n:1

Sebb changes the group ID.

Now, A still depends on c-n:c-n:1
B depends on org.apache.commons.net:c-n:12, and on A
And we've got two dueling versions in classpath.

It doesn't help to release a new version c-n:c-n:12, since A isn't
using a range, it's pointing at '1'.

Am I missing something?