maven-users mailing list archives

From Trevor Harmon <tre...@vocaro.com>
Subject Re: External repository always requires a repository manager?
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 16:07:50 GMT
On Aug 16, 2010, at 4:48 AM, Ron Wheeler wrote:

> Find a provider that lets you run your own application.
> Put it on a cloud service.

Yes, those are ways around the shared hosting problem, but as soon as I have to purchase and
manage separate server space just to run a repository manager, it is no longer trivial. (At
least, not as trivial as it is to set up site and artifact deployment, which only require
an HTTP server and some way to upload the files.)

> Read the Nexus docs on how to set up a deployment.

Is there a specific section I should be looking at? I can't seem to find anything about deployment
without a repository manager. Everything I've read in the Nexus docs is in the context of
a repository manager.

Thanks,

Trevor