maven-users mailing list archives

From Frank Maritato <fmarit...@attinteractive.com>
Subject multiple assemblies in a pom
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:45:09 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to have 2 assemblies for my project. One that creates a tar.gz
distribution and one that creates an executable jar. This is what I have
so far:

<plugin>
   <version>2.2-beta-5</version>
   <configuration>
     <descriptors>
       <descriptor>src/assemble/distribution.xml</descriptor>
     </descriptors>
   </configuration>
</plugin>
<plugin>
   <version>2.2-beta-5</version>
   <configuration>
     <descriptorRefs>
       <descriptorRef>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorRef>
     </descriptorRefs>
     <archive>
       <manifest>
         <mainClass>my.pkg.ClassName</mainClass>
       </manifest>
     </archive>
   </configuration>
</plugin>

It works *except* that I want to change the name of the
jar-with-dependencies because it is really long. If I add the

     <appendAssemblyId>false</appendAssemblyId>
     <finalName>prj-${project.version}</finalName>

tags to the configuration for the executable jar, *both* assemblies get
this new name, not just the one. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!
--
Frank Maritato