maven-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Bucknell" <drewb3...@hotmail.com>
Subject maven runtime error java.net.UnknownHostException: repo1.maven.org.
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 01:13:06 GMT
I downloaded maven 2.2.1 on to my debian box and am having problems with it.
I am not using a proxy or a firewall yet I am getting the following debug
messages - most notably

Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: repo1.maven.org.

I am able to resolve the hostname using nslookup from the command line. The
notes I have found so far suggest such problems are typically caused by
proxies

Or firewalls, but as I have neither I am stumped. Any suggestions?

Andrew

andrew@melb-web:~/mvntest$ mvn -X archetype:generate

+ Error stacktraces are turned on.

Apache Maven 2.2.1 (r801777; 2009-08-07 05:16:01+1000)

Java version: 1.6.0_03

Java home: /usr/local/java/jdk1.6.0_03/jre

Default locale: en_AU, platform encoding: UTF-8

OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.22-3-amd64" arch: "i386" Family: "unix"

[DEBUG] Building Maven user-level plugin registry from:
'/home/andrew/.m2/plugin-registry.xml'

[DEBUG] Building Maven global-level plugin registry from:
'/usr/local/apache/maven/conf/plugin-registry.xml'

[INFO] Scanning for projects...

[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.

[DEBUG] Loading plugin prefixes from group: org.apache.maven.plugins

[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins: checking for updates from central

[DEBUG] Using Wagon implementation lightweight from default mapping for
protocol http

[DEBUG] Checking for pre-existing User-Agent configuration.

[DEBUG] Adding User-Agent configuration.

[DEBUG] Connecting to repository: 'central' with url:
'http://repo1.maven.org/maven2'.

[DEBUG] Using Wagon implementation lightweight from default mapping for
protocol http

[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'org.apache.maven.plugins' could not be
retrieved from repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file:
repo1.maven.org

[DEBUG] Exception

org.apache.maven.wagon.TransferFailedException: Error transferring file:
repo1.maven.org

        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.LightweightHttpWagon.fillInputData(Lig
htweightHttpWagon.java:143)

        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.StreamWagon.getInputStream(StreamWagon.java:116)

        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.StreamWagon.getIfNewer(StreamWagon.java:88)

        at org.apache.maven.wagon.StreamWagon.get(StreamWagon.java:61)

        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getRemoteFile(DefaultW
agonManager.java:546)

        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifactMetadata(De
faultWagonManager.java:443)

        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.metadata.DefaultRepositoryMetadataManag
er.resolve(DefaultRepositoryMetadataManager.java:97)

        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginMappingManager.loadPluginMappings(Defau
ltPluginMappingManager.java:103)

        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginMappingManager.loadPluginMappings(Defau
ltPluginMappingManager.java:87)

        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginMappingManager.getByPrefix(DefaultPlugi
nMappingManager.java:61)

        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getPluginDefinitionForPrefix(De
faultPluginManager.java:159)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getMojoDescriptor(Defaul
tLifecycleExecutor.java:1801)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.segmentTaskListByAggrega
tionNeeds(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:462)

        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycle
Executor.java:175)

        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:328)

        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:138)

        at
org.apache.maven.cli.compat.CompatibleMain.main(CompatibleMain.java:60)

        at
)

        at
.java:25)

        at

        at

Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: repo1.maven.org

        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:177)

        at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:157)

        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:394)

        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:529)

        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:233)

        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:306)

        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:323)

        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnecti
on.java:788)

        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.j
ava:729)

        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:6
54)

        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection
.java:977)

        at
java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:373)

        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.LightweightHttpWagon.fillInputData(Lig
htweightHttpWagon.java:115)

        ... 25 more

[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted

andrew@melb-web:~/mvntest$ nslookup repo1.maven.org

Server:         203.12.160.35

Address:        203.12.160.35#53

Non-authoritative answer: