maven-users mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>
Subject Re: Transitive dependencies and snapshots
Date Sat, 19 Jun 2010 23:35:29 GMT
Actually the POMs are only missing for the older snapshots, the newer ones have them. So if
you've got snapshots turned off and you've been manually getting new ones with -U then maybe
you have one of the version without a POM. Or the metadata is no good and is pointing at one
of the crap versions without a POM. Or the scoped changed to provided.

On Jun 19, 2010, at 7:26 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> I'll help you find the problem.
>
> Look in https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/snapshots/org/drools/drools-compiler/5.1.0.SNAPSHOT/
>
> What's missing?
>
> On Jun 19, 2010, at 7:12 PM, Laird Nelson wrote:
>
>> I hope someone can explain this to me.
>>
>> I have a project that depends on org.drools:drools-compiler:5.1.0.SNAPSHOT,
>> which can be found in
>> https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/snapshots/org/drools/drools-compiler/5.1.0.SNAPSHOT/
>>
>> Now, the pom of that project declares several compile-scope dependencies as
>> well.  Let's consider janino.
>>
>> If I run mvn dependency:tree on my project, I can see the drools-compiler
>> dependency, but it shows up in the tree without any of *its* dependencies.
>> That is, no janino shows up.
>>
>> If I run mvn dependency:tree on drools-compiler itself, I can see the janino
>> dependency, marked correctly as compile scope.
>>
>> If I drop the drools version back to 5.0.1 (a release version), then the
>> transitive dependencies show up fine.
>>
>> Since I'm quite familiar with and used to transitive dependencies, what's
>> going on here?
>>
>> Best,
>> Laird
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>
> Selfish deeds are the shortest path to self destruction.
>
> -- The Seven Samuari, Akira Kurosawa

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl