maven-users mailing list archives

From Kathryn Huxtable <kath...@kathrynhuxtable.org>
Subject Re: Developing Eclipse plugin with Maven
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 22:36:43 GMT
Okay, one more question: do the java sources have to be under src instead of src/main/java?

If so, where do I put my site docs?

-K

On Jun 25, 2010, at 4:41 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Change the names accordingly, but you should be able to drop this in and build with Maven
3:

> http://gist.github.com/453490
>
> This won't work with Maven 2.x.
>
> On Jun 25, 2010, at 5:10 PM, Kathryn Huxtable wrote:
>
>> BTW, what I'm developing is a relatively throwaway plugin for Mac Cocoa Eclipse to
set the represented filename for the active editor in the associated window. This enables
software such as DTerm, which provides a convenient terminal window, to correctly get the
directory associated with the active file.

>> I'm using DTerm because EGit/JGit aren't really complete yet and I need command-line
git. If good support for "git svn" isn't built into EGit at some point, I'll probably always
need DTerm.

>> The current non-mavenized plugin is at
>>
>> http://github.com/khuxtable/eclipse-cocoa-set-represented-filename
>>
>> It works, but I want it mavenized.
>>
>> -K
>>
>> On Jun 25, 2010, at 4:04 PM, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>>
>>> Tycho.
>>>
>>> http://tycho.sonatype.org
>>>
>>> It's used to build M2Eclipse, Eclipse EGit, Eclipse Memory Analyzer, and Antlr
IDE.

>>> Sources: http://github.com/sonatype/sonatype-tycho
>>>
>>> Integration tests specifically which shows how to build everything from plugins
the products:

>>> http://github.com/sonatype/sonatype-tycho/tree/master/tycho-its/projects/

in a way that allows it to be developed in Eclipse? I don't really have any dependencies other
than standard Eclipse packages, but I want all the great lifecycle and site management tools
that Maven supplies.

when you search the eclipse site. It's pretty crude.

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jason

>>> Jason van Zyl
>>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>>
>>> To do two things at once is to do neither.
>>>
>>> -—Publilius Syrus, Roman slave, first century B.C.

> Thanks,
>
> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>
> What matters is not ideas, but the people who have them. Good people can fix bad ideas,
but good ideas can't save bad people.