maven-users mailing list archives

From Ed Hillmann <ed.hillm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mvn release:prepare cannot tag correctly from a branch
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 01:08:59 GMT
Hi all.  Some more info... when I change the developerConnection back
to the URL, it's even worse.  The tag reflects the code in the trunk
instead of in the branch (I can tell because the POMs have different
version numbers... the tag has the version number of the trunk instead
of the branch... and it's a SNAPSHOT release as well).  To me, this is
worse because the release:perform works great, but it's using the
trunk instead of the branch.

So, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I keep seeing posts about how
people cut releases from branches "all the time".  What I'm seeing is
something that works, but the tag being created is incorrect.  So it
might work, but it's not right.  What do I need to do to get the SVn
tag to be copied from the correct source?

Thanks again for any help,
Ed